This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work in a senior operational or team leading role in the health industry..
- Health HR Supervisor
- Health Services Supervisor
- Medical Records Team Leader
- Senior Clinical Coder
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Good understanding of English
- School certificate or equivalent (Grade 10)
- 18 years of age
- Must have a valid USI
- Reading and Writing Skills (L)
- Oral Communication skills (L)
- Numeracy and Mathematics skills (N)
Total number of units = 14
6 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
- At least 4 units must come from the listed electives
- if not listed below, 4 units may be from any current endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
BSBMED401 Manage patient record-keeping system
BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
Note: Electives listed are what is usually offered by Capital Careers, however, if these are not suitable for your target or current work then alternative electives may be available. The list of alternative electives can be found at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLT47315
How long will it take?
Duration is dependent on training delivery mode, individual experience and skills. Students with no experience are required to complete a volume of learning of 1000 hours comprising of guided learning, individual study and assessments. Generally the course will take anywhere between 6 months and a year to complete.
Face to face (Sydney only)
Distance education (Australia wide)
Combination of face to face and distance education (Sydney only)
Subsidised government funding may be available for eligible students under the following initiatives
- ACT User Choice Traineeships
- NSW Smart and Skilled
Please see our funding page or contact us for more details
Please see administration fee table under policies and procedures for any additional administration fees that may be applicable to your study.
What we provide you
- Well written and easy to follow resources via an online e-learning platform
- Air conditioned class rooms
- Practical sessions conducted in a simulated working environment using equipment associated with an Disability Care facility.
- Trainers who care very much about your studies and about you!
Opportunities for Further Study
Successful completion of this program will allow participant to articulate into a number of qualifications including:
- Other Certificate IV level programs from HLT Training Package
- Other Certificate IV level programs from BSB Training Package
- Diploma level programs from the HLT or BSB Training Packages
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows a person to receive recognition and credit for the knowledge and skills they have, no matter how and where they were attained, including overseas. This can include skills from previous study, work experience and life experience.
Capital Careers has an obligation to recognise Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by other registered training organisations
The course will be presented in competency-based mode and the student’s competency will be assessed at all levels according to competencies and performance criteria. The training package for each competency specifies the conditions and method of assessment. Assessment methods range from completing set tasks and activities, class attendance and participation and completion of assignments / projects.